I met Angela three years ago during my first year of cycling. She was helping the leader, Joyce, develop a women's cycling team. She was very inspiring - especially to someone like me, who was super eager to learn everything and anything about the sport. Angela had gotten into the sport later in life, similar to me, and had run with it from the gun. Three years later she was on a pro cycling team and attending NRC events. I thought she was amazing.
Well as it turns out, over the next three years of my cycling adventure, I would find out more than I wanted to know about Angela. At first I didn't see that she would use people to better herself in any way she could - I thought she was genuine and was in it for the affect you can have on new comers. But then as time passed, and the rumor mill of the peloton grew, so did Angela's reputation. I got straight up first degree burns from this a couple of times - as did other people who fell into her spider web of me, me, me talk.
The reason I bring this up - out of the blue she contacted me yesterday. She keeps a blog as well and I regularly check it to see what she's up to lately. As far as I knew she was gone to Europe and was going to be there a while. Funny, I received an email from her. Here's what it said:
What's up? How are ya? Jeremy said he saw you last friday. Were you racing? How is it going? Are you racing this week?
I have a huge favor, if you have time. I am wondering if you would be able to help me w/ timing. I am doing a 3k effort on Wed and need lap times. I'd like to do it before everyone shows up for racing.
I'd be happy to burn some of those WC Cds in retrun for this great favor!!! And, I'd be happy to return the favor any time.
Well, let me know what you think, I hope it's not asking too much.
Later Tater
Innocent enough - but I did not fail victim to her prey. Simply put, I'm busy today and don't want to make an unnecessary trip to the track. Sorry Charley, but it's time you found another sucker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment